Wind European Industrial Initiative Team: Implementation Plan (2010 – 2012)
3th December 2010
The Wind Energy Roadmap was published by the European Commission (EC) on October 7th, 2009. The roadmap is set to become one of the most important instruments for the development of wind power in the 2010 – 2020 period and will play a key role in fighting climate change and in helping EU Member States to meet the 2020 targets identified by the new RES Directive (approved in December 2008), by achieving the following goals:
G1 – A wind energy penetration level of 20% in 2020;
G2 – Onshore wind power fully competitive in 2020;
G3 – 250.000 new skilled jobs created in the EU by the wind energy sector in the 2010 – 2020 period.
The roadmap, which has a total budget of € 6 bn (private and public resources), is a long term programme for increasing and coordinating the funding of wind energy R&D, so as to ensure its quick development and deployment in the EU. It focuses on the following key areas:
A1 – New turbines and components;
A2 – Offshore technology;
A3 – Grid Integration;
A4 – Resource assessment and spatial planning.
Wind Energy Roadmap priorities for the 2010 – 2012 period:
On the 2010-2012 period, the launch of the Wind Energy Roadmap focuses on the first steps towards the technology objectives and milestones stated by the European Communication on Investing in the Development of Low Carbon Technologies. In the following, the actions, key performance indicators, and relation to existing programmes are described, for each subchapter:
A1 – New turbines and components:
– To develop large scale turbines for offshore applications;
– To improve the reliability of the wind turbine components;
– To further automate and optimize manufacturing processes;
– To develop innovative logistics including transport and erection techniques;
A2 – Offshore technology:
Focus on structures for large-scale turbines and deep waters (>30m):
– To develop new stackable, replicable and standardized substructures for large scale offshore turbines such as: tripods, quadropods, jackets and gravity-based structures;
– To develop floating structures with platforms, floating tripods, or single anchored turbine.
A3 – Grid integration:
Grid integration techniques for large-scale penetration of variable electricity supply:
– To demonstrate the feasibility of balancing power systems with high share of wind power using large-scale systems with High Voltage Alternative Current (HVAC) or High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) interconnections;
– To investigate wind farms management as “virtual power plants”.
A4 – Resource Assessment, spatial planning and social acceptance:
– To assess and map wind resources across Europe and to reduce forecasting uncertainties of wind energy production;
– To develop spatial planning methodologies and tools taking into account environmental and social aspects;
– To address and analyze social acceptance of wind energy projects including promotion of best practices.
The financial part of the implementation plan include:
– Risk analysis;
– Industrial risk and European added value;
– Financing instruments;
– Budget intensity and repartition on period 2010 – 2012;
– Gantt chart on period 2010 – 2012;
– Repartition of budget additional to EEPR on period 2010 – 2012.
10 thoughts on “Implementation Plan (2010-2012)”
sams viagra brand viagra whats better cialis or viagra
cialis and viagra mix viagra online viagra generic info
wonderful issues altogether, you just gained a new reader.
What may you suggest about your publish that you simply made some days in the past?
I enjoy you because of all of the effort on this blog. Betty delights in carrying out internet research and it’s easy to see why. A lot of people hear all about the compelling form you convey advantageous guidance by means of the blog and attract contribution from other individuals about this area and my child has always been becoming educated a great deal. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You’re carrying out a brilliant job.
I am commenting to let you know of the fine encounter my friend’s daughter found reading your site. She figured out many issues, not to mention what it’s like to have a wonderful giving mindset to have men and women quite simply have an understanding of selected hard to do subject areas. You really exceeded our expectations. Many thanks for giving the insightful, safe, explanatory and as well as easy thoughts on the topic to Jane.
I simply wanted to thank you so much once more. I am not sure the things that I would’ve made to happen without the type of smart ideas revealed by you over that situation. It seemed to be an absolute hard issue in my opinion, however , seeing the very specialised strategy you resolved that made me to leap over gladness. I am just happy for this information and then pray you realize what a great job you happen to be providing teaching people today thru your web page. More than likely you have never got to know any of us.
I precisely needed to appreciate you once again. I am not sure the things that I might have gone through in the absence of the entire opinions documented by you directly on such a industry. It had been a very frightening difficulty in my circumstances, however , looking at the skilled manner you managed that made me to jump over fulfillment. I am happier for this help and even hope you find out what a great job you are doing instructing other individuals through the use of your site. I know that you have never encountered all of us.
I happen to be writing to make you understand what a terrific experience our princess went through visiting yuor web blog. She realized such a lot of things, with the inclusion of what it is like to possess an incredible teaching style to make the others without hassle thoroughly grasp various tricky topics. You undoubtedly surpassed visitors’ expected results. Thanks for showing those valuable, trustworthy, revealing not to mention unique tips on your topic to Sandra.
I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare
to see a nice blog like this one today.
This is a very interesting article. Please, share more like this!